Marketing leaders are responsible for almost half of their company’s overall revenue. Two-thirds of marketing leaders say the pressure to deliver on revenue goals is very high or extreme.
Revenue growth is rated as the top core component in measuring marketing’s effectiveness.
- Yet most (53%) are only moderately confident in their ability to achieve those goals.
- Only 10% feel extremely confident they can achieve those goals.
Biggest challenges to meeting revenue targets:
- Organizational silos
- Measuring the full value of marketing
- Scarcity of necessary skills
- Misunderstanding new buyer’s journey
- Lack of clarity re: ownership outcomes
To win the self-reliant buyer, marketers are focusing on:
- Digital experience
- Relevant content
- Modernization of marketing organization
Marketers are not (but should be) working on:
- Data literacy
- Loyalty and retention marketing
- Contextual insight-driven marketing